Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Best Ways to Motivate Your Teen To Earn Good Grades in High School

I was adding a few responses from parents to the Best Ways to Motivate Your Teen To Earn Good Grades in High School article when I came across a response that was more of a question. So, I thought I would ask you for your advice. Here is what the mom asked:
"I have used the monetary reward system and it worked - until I lost my job. I am a single mom who has been unemployed for 16 months. My unemployment cut off 4 months ago and my savings was depleted even before that. Are there any ideas that do NOT involve money? I haven't been able to think of anything other than praise and encouragement. I no longer even have a car."
My first thoughts are giving a privilege of maybe a later curfew or an extra hour of computer time. I also think that your teen could clue you into what they might like as an incentive, so don't forget to ask them
13th Annual Super Saturday event held at Novaƕs Ark Project to benefit for ovarian cancer research

No comments:

Post a Comment