Monday, August 9, 2010

How much Sleep is Required By Babies



"How much sleep does my toddler need? He just turned a year old and sometimes I feel like he's not getting enough because he's cranky almost all day long and I have a hard time putting him down some nights. I'd guess that he's probably only sleeping about 9 hours total and that's with naps."

My thoughts: This mom is justified in being worried about her toddler's sleep. Nine hours is not enough for most 1-year-olds and his crankiness is a sure sign that he needs more. Other signs you might just attribute to your child's natural temperament can include clumsiness, not wanting to wake in the mornings and frequent frustration with day-to-day tasks. Often additional sleep will bring about drastic changes in your child's moods and motor skills. Learn more

No comments:

Post a Comment